Powered By Blogger

Saturday 30 July 2011

WHERE DO ALL THE HILLBILLIES GO?

Hmmmm Where do all the Hillbillies go I hear you ask.... Well Sat we all headed to Kilmarnock and a club called Rockin at O'Shannons :0) Boy I was in my element.. My adopted family picked me up and Tony shoved on some outstanding Hillbilly tracks for me to sing along to in the car...

Kilmarnock, Where all the Hillbillies were at...


Sailor Tony... Or should it be Hillbilly Tony?

On arrival I met my favourite guy from these parts Corn...



And then me and my sis ordered us a coupla Ciders in the Hillbilly tradition...


We tried all variety's available, our favourite being the sneaky bulmers berry variety which we got by accident...

The music got going and I've never felt so at home, (they don't call me Hillbilly Hana for nothing you know!) I was on the dance floor most of the night, bopping, strolling, jiving....

Good friend Paul taking me for a spin!

Me and Charlotte even done a bit of romantic 2 stepping (I think people maybe thought we will Hillbillies of the incest variety at that point :0/ )....

It all got a bit sweaty, luckily being a hillbilly and all, tony had the correct equipment to deal with the sticky situation...

Sweat Rag!

And see this lovely lady Sam, (aka best friend/adopted mam) well she took me for a spin too, but unfortunately spun me a bit to fast. She like's to jive in super awesome high heels and I kinda landed on her toe.... Boy she was brave, nearly finished the number but noticed blood everywhere.. Turns out I split her big toe nail in half. Was not a pretty sight (I also have a low gag reflex when it comes to feet, so didn't cope with this to well)..

A smashing band called Root'n Toot'n aka Colin n Amanda, played some awesome tunes which I had great enjoyment singing along to. They also have a spare instrument called the Hillbilly stick which is a massive stick covered in bottle caps with a chicken on the top and a boot on the bottom... Fair to say being Hillbilly Hana I joined the band for a track and stomped the Hillbilly stick to my hearts content.. I'm pretty sure they wanted me as a permanent fixture...


Me with Root'n Toot'n

It was a super night with all my favourite music.. Hot Dawg I really am a Hillbilly at Heart...

I leave you with one of my fav Tunes from the fab Little Jimmy Dickens... 



No comments:

Post a Comment