Powered By Blogger

Monday 22 August 2011

Hmmmm So this is what Birthdays are all about??

I don't like Birthdays, I don't celebrate them and I generally don't tell anyone when mine is.. Last year I had a step up from this when my adopted family cooked me a Birthday Meal and showered me in presents.. Lets just say I sat and cried, I thought it was the best....

Charlotte's (adopted sister) Birthday is 3 days before mine. she loveeees a good Birthday and celebrates in style. This year she was discussing Birthday plans roughly around 2 weeks before and complaining at me because I wasn't planning on doing anything. I hoped for family time like last year.. Charlotte planned a fun packed night out with everyone we know..

Charlottes birthday came and with it came an amazing turn of events, she decided that she might like to have a quiet birthday too.. And so she did..

On the other hand my Birthday celebrations began to take over the whole week! Monday was tattoo/bowling night.. Then Tues the amazing family night... Sam cooked an awesome dinner with all of my favourite things and for afters we had 3 different types of milkshake and a white chocolate chip pavlova! Then super awesome present time :0)

The cards were outstanding!



Sam and Tony got me a card each, possibly the closest 2 characters will ever come to my ideal man! If you no anyone who's a cross between Brains and Mr Ben with a moustache and monocle, please point them in my direction!


Rosie made me this awesome number!



Charlotte got me one that describes us to a T!

I'm currently rockin a pretty fab dressing gown and slipper combo and a set of saucepans (Have only been able to cook meals using one pan for the past month!) And check out these beauties! 


They are so beautiful it may hurt me to wear them...

Weds came and I had a sister day with Charlotte, consisting of snuggling up on the sofa with hot chocolate and snacks and watching this...


Lars and The Real Girl!

Don't you just love a movie about a mental person with a sex doll for a girlfriend :0)

Then the family congregated and purchased Cups of tea, choc drizzled popcorn, Hot Dawgs and Nachos and settled in the cinema to watch this....


 didn't fancy Captain America, I fell in love with this guy...



Yes you guessed it.. The guy with the Moustache :0) 

We promptly marched out of the cinema (Yes we actually did march) and headed to out favourite joint.. The Tiki Bar Where we ordered ourselves a coupla sharing platters (Mmmmmm Chicken Satay :0) And some awesome cocktails.. Some friends turned up and we had ourselves a mighty good time... Highlight was Rosie arriving with my home made card and present.. I wish I had a photo of the wrapped version (Newspaper and masking tape including completed cross word!) But here is the gift!


An awesome Cat candle :0)

So heres I few things I've learnt about the benefits of celebrating your Birthday..

1) On quoting "But it's my Birthday" You can pretty much get away with anything..
2) You can do what ever you want and people have to agree, because it's your Birthday..
3) You get free stuff (Cocktails woop)
4) You get tons of awesome pressies and lots and lots of hugs..
5) By announcing your Birthday on facebook, loads of people send you Birthday greetings. This makes you feel good.
6) Your friends bake you an awesome Birthday cake (Chocolate with peanut butter and jam, named the Miss Amelia)
7) When on a night out you hardly spend any pennies, because it's your Birthday!

All in all, Charlotte has started to win me over on the birthday front! It's strange how we changed our minds this year. I figure next year we should have a 2 week joint celebration! 

(P.S. I'm still celebrating this weekend when I head to London!)

Over and Out :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment