Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 9 August 2011

WHAT?? On a MONDAY??

So being the hip kids that we are. Monday night me and Charlotte decided to go and have us a coupla cocktails. This is obviously a lie. We are not hip and we have never been out on a Monday (That I can re-call) So this is how the night actually went!!!

We done our usual. £3 budget for a movie from Fopp. We choose 500 days of summer (I think thats what it's called). Basically Charlotte chose it and I liked the look of the fella on the front! After having a lil bit of MEXICAN MONDAY (love that night) we retired home to watch our movie. Safe to say, it was a good flick but not what we were expecting.. It left us in a sad mood.. We were expecting a happy love story.. What we actually got was a real life love story (We didn't want that we wanted the fake shit!)

Went like this

OPENING LINE:

Something about not being a love story but a story bout love.. followed by

" Any resemblance to people living or dead is purely coincidental"
" Especially You, Jenny, Bitch"


At this point we guessed it wasn't what we were expecting and by the end we were a little upset.. 


We weren't ready for bed, it was half 11. I said.. "Hmmmmm £3.50 cocktails" and lay on the floor, whilst Charlotte was texting someone.. Or so I thought.. Next thing I know she was reviewing the opening times for our local £3.50 cocktail joint! Next thing.. We were jumping around like school kids contemplating going out. We decided to call a cab and that the importance of making ourselves look beautiful was minimal as there would be no people out being a Monday an all..

We arrived at the joint and were thoroughly shocked at what we found! Half of Glasgow out on a MONDAY. And yes when I say out I mean dressed up in frocks and all sorts.. I feel so old that I know none of this...

We ordered our first cocktail...



 We sat sipping our espresso martinis feeling very chuffed with ourselves and looking around in amazement at the array of people that actually do go out on a Monday...

Then we met this guy....

He was out on a Monday rockin an awesome fro! We both had to have a feel. He didn't mind to much..

Last orders were called so we returned to the bar and ordered a Jacuzzi... It was tasty. Whilst sitting sipping our jacuzzi we spotted this...

It ended up in my bag and then later on in the above location (My kitchen side!).. We left the bar feeling thoroughly happy with ourselves and I guess kinda skipping down the street to the taxi rank.. On route we had this conversation..

Me: Look there's Sleazys where all the cool kids go..
Charlotte: Ohhhhhh Is it open?
Me: Urmmm excuse me Mr Bouncer Sir, What time do you close?
Mr Bouncer Sir: (Strange look) 3..
Me & Charlotte: Yayyyyy (Jumping up and down like School kids and running in the bar!)

Once in we ordered a vodka (On a Monday) and Sat in the corner in amazement, pondering buying a T-Shirt to commemorate the evening :0) Then we spotted this guy...

He was awesome and we actually chased him outside to get a picture (Although slightly panicked he agreed and was very friendly, but made a quick exit!) His names Jordan and he had perfect hair and glasses and a pretty beautiful moustache!

We were so happy and cheered up after all the excitement and decided to make cheese on toast with our stolen goods...


It was yummy :0) I've decided that those people that go out on a MONDAY have got it spot on.. Tis an awesome night.. I'm already planning my next one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment